Analysts 23650 CRHE
Location County Hall, Norwich
£34,308 – £38,235 per annum (Scale K)
37 hours per week
If you wish to work at the heart of Local Government – using intelligence and analysis to make sure that services improve outcomes for people in Norfolk – then this role is for you.
We are seeking highly ambitious individuals based within our newly-formed Intelligence and Analytics team who will:
- Work with managers, partners and colleagues to understand and scope analytical requirements
- Collate and analyse data from a wide range of sources (including population health statistics, benchmarking data, financial information, and data about services) to support evidence-based decision making
- Extract meaning and insight from analysis, translating high quality technical outputs into an understandable narrative using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Use data about the Council’s services to assess and report upon performance, highlighting areas of good and poor performance, and using insight to inform improvement
- Use strong technical skills and a structured approach to work to deliver high quality reports and data returns to central government and regulators.
The work will support strategic and operational decision making for our vulnerable people services, so applicants must be able to combine a ‘big picture’ view of a situation with a principled approach to investigation and data quality, a strong attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
The posts require proven technical expertise and experience in the application of a range of tools including MS Excel and relational databases. Experience of SQL, SSRS or Business Objects would be an advantage. In addition we welcome applications from people that could bring knowledge of other tools and techniques (R, Python etc.) within an exciting and developing new team.
For an informal discussion regarding these roles please contact Jeremy Bone, Service Delivery Manager I&A on 01603 224215 or email Jeremy.email@example.com
We welcome applications from individuals currently working in other organisations, however we would like to make you aware that priority consideration for this post may be given to current employees who are affected by restructure within the organisation or are in a redeployment position.
Workplace feedback states County Hall is a modern, business-like, bright and smart environment to work in.
To view further information regarding the vacancy please click on the link below:
23650 Information Pack 08-17.doc
Redeployment closing date: 3 August 2017
All other applicants closing date: 28 August 2017