Why should you attend the LARIA Annual Conference?
- Support your professional development: We bring you the latest thinking on the issues that matter
- Share your ideas with colleagues: More UK local area research professionals attend our events than any other
- Celebrate Success: Find out who has won the LARIA Local Area Research Awards and take part in the Local Area Research Fortnight
- Do it your way: Choose which workshops to attend, so you get the most from the conference
Visit the Conference website for more details and the full programme.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Patrick Tate, Director, Location Strategy & Analytics, CACI Ltd
- Tony Bovaird, Professor of Public Management and Policy (Emeritus), University of Birmingham and Governance International
- Dr Martin Stevens, Senior Research Fellow, Social Care Workforce Research Unit
- Chris Carlton, Policy Manager, Economic and Social Research Council
- Two days at conference, accommodation and awards dinner ticket from £349 (including discounts)
- Day tickets from £149 (including discounts)
- The conference will be worth 9 hours towards the Market Research Society CPD (* please note you must be an MRS Member to gain these hours).
- Email email@example.com for more information and details on sponsorship
The Third Fire Research Conference will be held on the 8th June 2017. Reflecting BRE’s standing in the field of fire behaviour research and fire performance testing, the programme will reveal the diversity and influence of BRE’s research activities, working with government and major stakeholders on pressing areas for investigation and improvement in fire protection and fire risk management.
Photo credit: Fire by Trevor Hurlbut
LARIA is partnering with the Connected Local Government Live event which aims to bring together innovators across local public services in a ‘festival of thinking and events about a devolved and digitally enabled future’.
There will be a workshop at the event focused on digitally enabled data and insight, content for which is being created in collaboration between ourselves and the organisers.
As well as the data and insight workshop, a ticket (discounted for LARIA members) will entitle you to attend a range of briefings, masterclasses and innovation showcases related to digital development. Topics include digital inclusion, digital and data literacy, online security, public services and the mobile user and more.
There will also be workshops, similar to our own, focused on other local authority professions.
Digital innovation showcases – a cross between Dragon’s Den and a speed dating session – will be running on both days of the event to enable participants to hear about new ideas applicable across local public services and to engage immediately with their developers.
Please go to the Connected Local Government Live event website for more details and links to booking.
Please contact the organisers directly if you have any questions.
Photo credit: Birmingham City Centre by Chris Homer