All members are invited to attend the LARIA Annual General Meeting (AGM) from 16:45 to 17:30 on Tuesday 19th April 2016 at the University of Birmingham. As in previous years, and as advertised in the current programme, this will be at the end of day one of the LARIA Annual Conference. If you are not attending the conference you will still able to attend the AGM (for free) as a LARIA member.
The AGM is a great opportunity to hear about how LARIA is run and to take part in the discussions. The agenda is below, but we would highlight in particular the opportunity to stand for election. The Treasurer position is at the end of his elected term. The Tresurer is entitled to stand again. The Secretary post is vacant. We would also welcome candidates for Council Member and would be willing to consider individuals who would like to be co-opted onto the LARIA Council. If you wish to stand for election please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any member of the LARIA Council would be very happy to discuss the level of commitment required.
- Minutes of the previous AGM (Link goes to LARIA member portal where minutes from 2008 to 2015 are kept, along with previous accounts)
- Matters arising
- Chair’s report (issued at AGM)
- Treasurer’s report (issued at AGM)
- Auditing (verbal)
- SSRG and LARIA
- Elections: Treasurer (end of elected term), Secretary (vacancy), Council member (vacancy)
- Appointment of Activity Group Chairs, and updates from Groups (verbal)
- Any other business