All members are invited to attend the LARIA Annual General Meeting (AGM) from 16:45 to 17:30 on Tuesday 23 May 2017 at Sheffield City Hall. As in previous years, and as advertised in the current programme, this will be at the end of day one of the LARIA Annual Conference. If you are not attending the conference you will still able to attend the AGM (for free) as a LARIA member.
The AGM is a great opportunity to hear about how LARIA is run and to take part in the discussions. The agenda will be:
- Minutes of the previous AGM (available in LARIA member’s area – click here for papers)
- Matters arising
- Chair’s report (issued at AGM)
- Treasurer’s report (issued at AGM)
- Auditing (verbal)
- LARIA Rules proposed partial amendments (click here for the proposed amended rules and accompanying papers)
- SSRG and LARIA merger agreement
- Elections: Chair and Vice-Chair (end of elected term), Secretary (vacancy), Council members (vacancies)
- Appointment of Activity Group Chairs, and updates from Groups (verbal)
- Any other business
We highlight in particular the opportunity to stand for election. The Chair and Vice Chair positions are at the end of their elected term. Current post-holders are entitled to stand again. The Secretary post remains vacant.
We would also welcome candidates for Council Member and would be willing to consider individuals who would like to be co-opted onto the LARIA Council. If you wish to stand for election please email email@example.com. Any member of the LARIA Council would be very happy to discuss the level of commitment required.
At this year’s AGM we will be proposing and seeking consent on an update to our LARIA Rules. The last update was done in 2013, and LARIA Council is proposing the amended rules to keep LARIA relevant to local area research and to maximise the opportunities for people to get involved.
Photo credit: Clock by David Lofink