Start date: November 2017
GeoWise helps Public Sector and Not-for-Profit organisations create effective evidence-bases and local information web sites to engage funders, policy-makers and partners. We do this by creating and delivering innovative services and software to simplify and enhance the management and presentation of geography and statistics.
The successful candidate will play a key role in managing data services that GeoWise provides for its clients. She/he will be liaising with senior management and in contact with clients, mainly by phone and email.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Identifying and analysing statistical datasets for addition to the data service in response to clients’ needs
2. Creating data shopping lists, sourcing and downloading datasets from a range of national providers
3. Loading and managing data in databases and cloud services
4. Using InstantAtlas apps to create statistical reports and thematic maps
5. Analysing, manipulating and loading clients’ local datasets to complement data in the national services
To be eligible for this position you need:
• Degree or Masters in numerical or geographical discipline
• At least two years working in an analytical or research position
• Good knowledge of national statistics in UK including sources, websites
• Strong communication skills
• Strong data manipulation and data presentation skills
• Well organised, methodical and able to produce detailed and accurate work
• Able to work as part of a team
• Already be eligible to work in the UK for a period of at least 2 years
Other experience that would be useful but not vital:
• Working with ESRI products – ArcGIS Pro and Online
• Using “Agile” working methods
• Working with SQL Server, Oracle or other RDBMS
• Knowledge of health statistics and their sources for the UK
Occasional travel, most likely in the UK, may be necessary.
This can be either a full time or part time role depending on the candidate. Salary range is between £26,000 and £33,000 (pro-rata for part-time) depending on experience. Benefits include pension cover after qualification period and up to 23 days holiday per year.
Please send an email with your current CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd November 2017. For further information about the company please see www.instantatlas.com. No agencies please.